NUDE087: Aitor Ronda
Aitor Ronda’s concrete roots can be traced back to the 90’s techno. His personal commitment to the mutant and clubbing techno has been in force since 1996 when he began to play his first vinyl records.
It was a few years later, in 2001, after releasing his first vinyl record along with Mark Williams, Ben Sims and Paul Mac… when Aitor decided to create his own Drakos (where he signed “Trilogy” alongside DJ Rush) and Upfront imprints too. Since then the Barcelona-based DJ/Producer has built a really solid music career -accumulates 20 years of experience – that culminates now with its new brand/project: WHACK.
Important to remember at this point Aitor Ronda’s mastery and skills both in the recording studio – in the middle of nowhere and where he spends hours and hours- and the DJ booth. Accurate techniques were acquired throughout all these years playing his sounds at massive festivals and venues as Sónar, Monegros, Privilege, Space Ibiza, Florida 135, Egg London and many more.
In the same way as critically acclaimed published on record labels such as Terminal M (Monika Kruse’s label), Filth on Acid (Reinier Zonneveld’s label), Octopus (Sian’s label), or the mighty Tronic (Christian Smith’s label) without forgetting Pig&Dan’s own Elevate imprint, where he has been piling up a quite good bundle of absolute bangers and fantastic EPs. Including “Tweezer”, this track became TOP 1 of world techno bestsellers in 2018.
All this has consequences: a constant presence in all the techno /clubbing charts around the world, including essential platforms like Beatport and getting massive support from the king Carl Cox, playing his productions around the planet. Quite an ‘orchestra director’ of the 21st Century.
All this hectic life has led him to constant evolution as a producer, DJ, label manager… and of course, increased his passion for what he loves the most. A true leader of a barrier-free techno sound, with a respectful but winning philosophy always.
Sum up this podcast in 10 words...
Groove, Eclectic, Hypnotic and Energetic
What’s your personal favourite track on it?
Hard question, they are all very carefully selected, I really like them all. Let me say one of my new babies, I love Punding Grooves, pretty happy with it…will be out early 2022
What’s the special ingredient in this mix?
Well as I said before the groove and rhythms on it and as I’m always trying to do a progression, kind of a trip.
Tell us about your next EP?
Orgonita remixes on my label WHACK. One of our best sellers and has also beeen supported by Carl Cox since it was released. We’ve got awesome remixes from Filterheadz, Heerhorst, Rabent and Dassent Matter. I also did a raw percussive version. They are all very different styles between each other. We got tribal, hard techno, melodic, peak time and raw.
What have you got coming up?
Lots of music and working in a new live set-up.
And finally, do you have a special message for our readers?
1. Aitor Ronda – I ain’t like you (Original Mix) Unreleased
2. Private Press – Energee 2 (Original Mix) HARDGROOVE
3. Ken Ishii – Double Knockout (Anderson Noise Remix) NOISE MUSIC
4. Hertz Collision – Jvlia (Truncate Remix) TRUNCATE
5. Jay Lumen – The Loop (Original Mix) FOOTWORK
6. Gary Beck – Labzet (Original Mix) BEK AUDIO
7. Vinicius Honorio – Deadpan (Original Mix) LIBERTA RECS
8. Buitrago – Do it (Original Mix) UNCAGE
9. David Bau – Shifted (Original mix) WHACK
10. Aitor Ronda – Pounding Roses (Original Mix) Unreleased
11. Aitor Ronda – Orgonita (Raw Mix) WHACK
12. Aitor Ronda – Blowback (Original Mix) Unreleased
13. Marco Bruno – Any Given Sunday (Original Mix) HARDGROOVE
14. Hertz Collision, Gene Richards Jr – Hood Thang (Original Mix) TRUNCATE
15. SHDW – Verlorene Seelen (Original Mix) FROM ANOTHER MIND
16. Sebastian Kramer – Tactics (Original Mix) CONTENT
17. Jeroen_Search_Aether (Original Mix) TOKEN
18. Marçal – Good Things (Original Mix) RSPX
19. Allan pillai – Axt (Original Mix) COUNTER PULSE
20. Oscar Mulero – Start to move (Original Mix) SUBURBAN AVENUE
21. Skov Bowden – Remote Control (Original Mix) TRUNCATE
22. Aitor Ronda – Mad Cheddar (Original Mix) Unreleased