DT659 – Aitor Ronda
Aitor Ronda’s concrete roots can be traced back to 90’s techno. His personal commitment to the mutant and clubbing techno has been in force since 1996. He began to play his first vinyl records.
It was a few years later, in 2001, when Aitor decided to release on that format for the very first time, while he decided to create his own Drakos (where he signed “Trilogy” alongside DJ Rush) and Upfront imprints too. Since then the Barcelona-based DJ/Producer has built a real, solid, music career. This accumulates 20 years of experience with his brand new project: WHACK.
WHACK it’s a fantastic two-headed monster. A label and events, a double shelter ideal for his greatest passion ever: techno sounds in its widest range of styles and forms. Important to remember at this point Aitor Ronda’s mastery and skills both in the recording studio – in the middle of nowhere and where he spends hours and hours – and the DJ booth.
Accurate techniques acquired throughout all these years playing his sounds at massive festivals and venues as Sónar, Monegros, Privilege, Space-Ibiza, Florida 135, Egg London and many more. In the same way as critically acclaimed published on record labels such as Terminal M (Monika Kruse’s label), Octopus (Sian’s label), or the mighty Tronic (Christian Smith´s label) without forgetting Pig&Dan’s own Elevate imprint, where he has been piling up a quite good bundle of absolute bangers and fantastic EPs. Including “Tweezer”, this track became #1 of world techno best sellers in 2018. All this has consequences: a constant presence in all the techno/clubbing charts around the world, including essential platforms like Beatport.
Quite an ‘orchestra director’ of the 21st Century. All this hectic life has led him to constant evolution as a producer, DJ, label manager… and of course, increased his passion for what he loves most. A true leader of a barrier-free techno sound, with a respectful but winning philosophy always. Aitor’s personal quote is “Work hard, the impossible only takes a bit longer“. Smart.
1. never found peace – Gary beck – Materia
2. discovery – Matt Sassari, Patrick berg – terminal m
3. the bast – cosmic boys – legend
4. Bunker – Culture Shock – (Wehbba Remix) – ram records
5. Ultra – Heerhorst – Hydrozoa
6. Hold me back – Aitor Ronda – promo
7. Loveration – Aitor Ronda – Terminal m
8. Fresa – Aitor Ronda – elevate
9. One day – Heerhorst, Basstrieb Sascha (Aitor Ronda Remix) – Redrum Music
10. Everything Connected – Jon Hopkins (Stephan Hinz Remix)
11. Luxury trash – Aitor Ronda, Dassent matter – promo
12. Golden ratio – blakeit – promo
13. Tweezer – Aitor Ronda – elevate