Balance Announce Fur Coat Mix Compilation
The good news regarding mix compilations just keeps on coming with the latest artist to reveal a mix album that is sure to find its way onto our playlists being Venezuelan born, Barcelona based Fur Coat who have revealed they are to Balance’s latest release.
Their first official compilation, the duo were keen to make sure that their mix ages well and have the feeling of a ‘real’ mix minus the slightly sterile nature that modern softward can apply to proceedings. “We had a very clear idea of what we wanted to do”, they say of their approach. “We wanted a timeless mix that you can put in your car, listen at home, or any place that you want, having a story being told in an hour or so. It’s that kind of music that has no expiry date. We mixed the compilation live in Barcelona, at Israel’s house, with TRAKTOR and an Allen and Heath mixer. We really wanted to have that DJ feeling, the actual feeling of it being mix; not just dropping the tracks on Ableton and mapping automations.”
Set to arrive May 26th, complete with an exclusive cut from the duo themselves you can check out the tracklisting for Balance Presents Fur Coat below.
- Tobias – If (Mathew Jonson & The Mole Remix)
- Masomenos – Post Communism in Casablanca
- Embassy of Joy – Addiction (Patlac Remix)
- Akubu – Phuture Bound (Âme Remix)
- Chardronnet vs Afrilounge – Morning Poem ft. Phetote The Poet
- Francesca Lombardo – Perseidi
- Tokyo Black Star – Caballero (Radio Slave´s Innervision Remix)
- Cesare vs Disorder – Monasterio
- Slam – Visual Capture (Luke Slater Remix)
- Simon Flower – Phosphenes (Efdemin Remix)
- Fur Coat – Monday *
- Metronomy – Love Letters (Agoria Remix)
- Fur Coat – U Turn
- Roman Flügel – O.T.H.
- Malandra Jr – Infinity
- DJ Koze – Mariposa
- Michael Mayer- Voigt Kampff Test (Barnt Remix)