Kevin McKay returns with New Album ‘Summer Of Love’
Kevin McKay announces his brand new album ‘Summer Of Love’.
The 15-track collection is out NOW and is the 500th release on his pioneering label, Glasgow Underground. ‘Summer Of Love’ features tracks conceived, produced or remixed (or remixes commissioned) by McKay and is designed to reflect a typical Kevin McKay DJ set – the first time he has delivered a truly artist-focused collection of tracks as a DJ mix album.
‘Summer Of Love’ continues McKay’s development of the cover version as an art form (as showcased on his artist album ‘No Samples Were Harmed In The Making Of This Record’), and brings together a slew of standout recent singles and remixes including ‘Freak Like Me’, the Qubiko remix of ‘Save Me’ and ‘Gimme Gimme’ which hit the top 20 on Beatport and has been streamed over a million times. It also delivers brand-new material in the form of another magical cover version – Sade’s ‘Pearls’ featuring Rozie Gyems, a track already getting huge reactions from a wide variety of global DJ tastemakers.
“I love that when one of my favourite artists remixes my music and we release it as a single, it comes up as a single of mine on Spotify. The same when I remix someone. They both feel like artistic creations that involve me, so it’s amazing to be able to collect all these and release them as an album under my own name. As a dance producer who’s not been able to do this before, it feels incredibly liberating.”Kevin Mckay
‘Summer Of Love’ follows his well-received album, ‘No Samples Were Harmed In The Making Of This Record’ from late last year, which delivered a fresh look at the concept of the cover version and the restrictive impact changes to sample clearance have had in the creative process of music production. ‘Summer Of Love’ also takes a fresh angle. Historically, dance music albums have been split into two camps; artist albums and DJ mix albums. McKay always felt it was hard to capture the club experience in an artist album and equally difficult to give a true artist perspective in a DJ mix album.
As Glasgow Underground’s 500th release, ‘Summer Of Love’ is a suitably unapologetic celebration of house music. Stream: https://gu.lnk.to/summeroflove.
- Lambert & Handle – Get In Love (Right Now) (Kevin McKay Remix)
- Kevin McKay and Joshwa (UK) – Such A Good Feeling (Earth n Days Remix)
- Junior Jack – E Samba (The Cube Guys & Kevin McKay Remix)
- Kevin McKay and Moreno Pezzolato – 1, 2 Step (Kevin’s Disco Mix)
- Mallin and Kevin McKay – Lose Your Love
- Kevin McKay and Rozie Gyems – Pearls
- Flashmob – Deeper Underground (Kevin McKay Remix)
- Tanera – Magic Underwear (Kevin McKay Remix)
- Kevin McKay – Come Together
- Kevin McKay and Lee Cabrera – Gimme Gimme Feat. Bleech (Club Mix)
- Paul Rudder and Cøhen – Flowers At My Balcony (Kevin McKay Edit)
- CASSIMM and Kevin McKay – Save Me (Qubiko Remix)
- Sam Dexter, Elliotte Williams-N’Dure – Real Love (Kevin McKay Edit)
- Kevin McKay, Tom Caruso – Freak Like Me (Kevin’s ViP Edit)
- David Penn and Kevin McKay – Hallelujah (Odyssey Inc. Remix)