Ableton announce Live 9.7
Ableton has announced an update that brings big improvements for Push beatmakers: Live 9.7 is currently in beta and will be released later this year.
Live 9.7 will be the latest free update with which Ableton continues to fine-tune Push as an instrument for music-making and performance. More sample manipulation options, a new drum layout and a collection of other on-screen workflow improvements means slicing, recording and programming beats is getting better than ever with Push. Watch Tec Beatz using some of the features in a new performance video.
Upcoming new features include:
* New slicing functions – chop samples by beat divisions or regions, as well as manually or by transients.
* New drum layout – with 16 set velocity levels for playing and programming more dynamic beats.
* Hands-on audio routing – select and record ins and outs directly from Push for sampling external or internal audio without disrupting your flow.
* Visual feedback for tighter recordings – new display info shows clip phase and count-in so you can start and finish clip recordings more accurately.
* Hands-on color customization – color pads, tracks and clips using Push to make your performance easier.
* Better playability – pad sensitivity adapts to what you play, whether it’s drums or sustained chords.