LOADING

Type to search

DT Biz News Tech News

Mixcloud announces Revenue splits revealed for [SELECT]

Share

Six months ago, Mixcloud announced the launch of Mixcloud Select, a fan-to-creator membership layer to Mixcloud that would enable audio creators to get direct support from their biggest fans. Hundreds of creators have since been brought on for early access, with more being onboarded every day.

So how does it work? Say you’re a fan of John Digweed, who attracts tens of thousands of listeners to his legendary Transitions show week on week.

For (£/$/€) 2.99 a month, or a slightly higher price set by the creator– essentially the price of buying a monthly coffee – fans can subscribe to their favourite creator channel or choose to pledge more. Might as well upgrade that coffee to a pint!

Mixcloud Select

Of that small monthly fee, a first cut goes toward the artists, labels and publishers who own the rights to the tracks played in that creator’s shows, as well as a small credit card processing fee.

The creator then gets 60% of what’s left every month from everyone who subscribes to them. The other 40% goes to Mixcloud, so we can invest it back into the platform and keep things running– administering our licenses, building the website and the apps, hosting the audio, paying our rent, etc.

For more info head to: https://www.mixcloud.com/select/

Tags

You Might also Like