5 Steps with OC & Verde
Firmly cemented in the playlists of the world’s A-List House & Techno DJs, OC & Verde are on everybody’s lips this year. With a hotly anticipated EP forthcoming on Matador’s Ruckus Label, a collaboration track with Veerus coming on Reinier Zonneveld’s Filth On Acid and a single coming out on Sharam’s legendary Yoshistoshi Records, the lads are on fire.
Since breaking out two years ago on Hot Since 82’s label Knee Deep In Sound with their Essential New Tune & Beatport No 1 ‘Maasai’, the duo have been hailed as Pete Tong’s “New Names” for 2018 going on to clock up a Radio 1 ‘Final Credits’ feature plus a ‘Tag Team Mix’.
With releases stacked up on Truesoul, Octopus, Suara and Bedrock and gaining heavyweight support from the likes of Adam Beyer, Solomun, Joesph Capriati, Maya Jane Coles, Sasha, John Digweed, Tale Of Us and Maceo Plex, check out OC & Verde’s Pivotal Moments ahead of their London show for Mr Afterparty at Fridays At Egg on July 20th.
1. The first pivotal moment in our career was signing a track called ‘Symphony’ with Hot Since 82’s label Knee Deep In Sound. The track originally started out as a Remix for another label which was knocked back by them and our manager at the time had Daley on email looking for tracks for his label. We took the vocal off the Remix and we sent it to him as an Original and he loved it and signed it.
2. Getting Essential New Tune from Pete Tong on Radio 1 for our track ‘Maasai’
Getting Pete’s support was a massive deal for us and one of the biggest highlights of our careers to date. This track did so well for us and really put us on the map worldwide.
3. Solomon playing our track ‘Solstice’ at BPM Festival Mexico.
We shopped ‘Solstice’ around to record labels for about a year and everyone turned it down and then a video popped up of Solomon playing it at BPM and the hype that caused for us was incredible! Our diary started to fill up rapidly just off a video of Solomon playing that track before we had even signed it to anyone.
4. Pete Tong inviting us into Radio 1 to be on his show live for his Final Credits feature.
We’ve been huge fans of Pete Tong and Radio 1 since being kids so to be invited onto Pete’s show to be interviewed live was a massive honour for us.
5. Adam Beyer & Maceo Plex playing our track ‘Naaki’ at Pacha Ibiza.
Adam Beyer had been playing a lot of our tracks last year and so when we were out in Ibiza for a gig we stayed an extra day to see Adam playing at Mosaic By Maceo. They did a back to back set and played our track ‘Naaki’ and the place went crazy! It was amazing for us to witness and when we got back home we had an email from Adam wanting to sign our track to his Truesoul Label which was the number one label on our hit list.
OC & Verde headline Fridays At Egg: Mr Afterparty with Cuartero, Lwrnce & Connmac, Juliet Fox and more on Friday, July 20th. All info at www.egglondon.co.uk