Reviewed: Gemini G4V DJ Controller
Gemini have been a little quiet of late and it appears there has been a good reason for that as they unveil their latest DJ device the G4V DJ. Due to ship in September the impressive piece of kit looks to be an all in one DJ and sample trigger solution. Alongside the standard faders, effects rotaries, EQ controls and pair of jog platters they have integrated two banks of eight multi-functional pads to be mapped to hot cues or more excitingly sample triggering. This opens up DJs to some Jeremy Ellis type beat trickery without having to drag a bulky midi controller around.
The unit contains a 24-bit soundcard with balanced XLR and RCA outputs, line-in and mic input. And comes pre mapped with an LE version of Virtual DJ.
With a price tag of 399 euros and a two channel version the G2V available at 299 euros it looks like a very interesting piece of kit, let’s wait and see how the hardware feels and holds up before we make any final verdicts.
- USB/MIDI software controller with built-in professional
- 24-bit PC/MAC audio interface
- 4-channel mixer with 3-band EQ, Gain, and Filter control on each channel
- Pre-mapped FX controls for Virtual DJ
- 8 multi-function pads and 4 rotary controls per deck
- Includes quick keys for Hot Cues, Auto-Loop, Sampler, and Manual Loop
- Touch-sensitive jog wheels
- Responsive controls with high-resolution 14-bit MIDI
- Midi mapping functionality over the entire controller
- Front 1/4-inch microphone input with Gain control
- Auxiliary RCA line input
Balanced XLR & RCA master outputs, RCA booth output with dedicated volume control, and front 1/4″ headphone output