Jojo Angel joins the Spotlight Mix Series
George Angelou, better known as Jojo Angel is a DJ/Music Producer and Label Manager from Thessaloniki, Greece. As a child, he has been a big fan of some of electronic music’s pioneers like Depeche Mode, Daft Punk, Massive Attack, Moby & more, while at his first steps as a teenager he was influenced by the biggest DJs back in the days, such as Carl Cox, Sasha, John Digweed, Laurent Garnier & Danny Tenaglia, who helped him understand his passion for electronic dance music.
In the mid-00s, Jojo Angel started his professional career as a DJ, gaining quickly residencies at some of the hottest venues of his hometown and not only. Since then he has played at the biggest festivals of Greece – Reworks & Halkidiki Adventure – while he has also appearances at some important venues in the U.K. including Egg London, Lightbox London, 93 Feet East, Envy Club Portsmouth & The Spot Manchester amongst others.
Jojo Angel stepped into music production in 2014, something that helped him understand his truly passion for house music. With only a few years in his arsenal as a music producer, Jojo has managed to release his music on many respected record labels including Green Velvet’s Relief, Lee Foss’ Repopulate Mars, Tube & Burger and Juliet Sikora’s Kittball, Kerri Chandler’s MadTech, Cr2 Records and the legendary King Street Sounds to name a few.
His music has been supported by some of the biggest names in the music industry like Carl Cox, Roger Sanchez, Mark Knight Erick Morillo, Steve Lawler, Dubfire, Nicole Moudaber, Paco Osuna & many more. In 2019 Jojo released his official remixes for Kerri Chandler and Tuccillo & Kiko Navarro, while in the same year he has been named as No.20 Tech House artist of the year on Traxsource, with highlights his ‘Burning Up’ track which has reached No.1 spot on Tech House charts and ‘Ougourgou’ gaining big support worldwide.
Being a label manager at Daylight Robbery Records since 2016, Jojo Angel has managed to work with many well-known artists in the U.K. and not only. Under his management, Daylight Robbery Records made some big steps forward being named by Data Transmission as one of the Top 40 Labels for two years in a row, while in 2020 he started his own new record label, Techords Ltd.
He joins the Spotlight mix today, check it out here and download it here.
1. Jojo Angel – Back In The Days (Original Mix) [Whoyostro]
2. Dimmish – Burning Down [Eastenderz]
3. July’z – Phenomenal03 VINYL ONLY [July’z]
4. Avesie – On Top (Original Mix) [Techords]
5. Quinny [UK] – Addiction (Original Mix) [Techords]
6. Kreature – Piano Dreams (James Saunders UK Remix) [Swerve Digital]
7. Proudly People – One Dollar [AVOTRE]
8. Sidney Charles – Excuse My French (Original Mix) [hedZup records]
9. Perky Wires – Flurry [likeminded]
10. Sanchez & Narvaez, Jojo Angel – Trumphet (Original Mix) [Slightly Sizzled Records]
11. Unknown – Cog In The Wheel VINYL ONLY [NANN]
12. Toman – Madrugada [Cuttin’ Headz]
13. Vidaloca – We Can Play (Original Mix) [Techords]
14. Sanchez & Narvaez, Jojo Angel – Escape (Original Mix) [Techords]
15. Jojo Angel – Girl Like (Original Mix) [Whoyostro]
16. Avesie – Lady Luck (Original Mix) [Techords]
17. Jojo Angel – Fever Edit (Original Mix) [White Label]