Mix Of The Day: Phil Gerus
We don’t know what they are putting in the water in Russia at the moment but we’d like to know where we could get some, as the Slavic nation seems to be exporting more and more high quality music from across the electronic spectrum.
At the forefront of the of this invasion from the east has been Moscow producer Phil Gerus, who after grabbing our attention with a series of strong dance floor orientated releases over the past few years for the likes of ManMakeMusic, Sonar Kollektiv and MadTech returned to production fold with the release of the ‘Now Is Gone‘ EP last month.
Arriving via Futureboogie, the EP sees the genre hopping Russian musician serve up four funk fuelled dance floor numbers for a release we’ve been unable to get out of our heads or off of our playlists. In celebration, the inimitable Mr. Gerus offered us up an exclusive mix, and we just couldn’t say no!
Trained in classical piano and heavily influenced by his parents’ musical tastes which included jazz records from the likes of Oscar Peterson, Bill Evans and Keith Jarrett, Phil’s eclectic approach to DJing has seen him pick up bookings all around the globe, touching down at various electronic hotspots to showcase his talents. A producer on the rise, get yourself acquainted with Phil via an hour long set of his selections below. Trust us, it’s the easiest (and most enjoyable) way to find out what all the fuss is about.
1. High Fashion – Feelin Lucky Lately
2. Doc Daneeka ft. Seven Davis Jr. – I Promise
3. Pop & Eye – Blow Me Down
4. Ricky Bonewell – Edit Your Love
5. Phil Gerus – Sentimentally Yours 
6. MR Given Raw – You Sexy Thing
7. U – I
8. Phil Gerus – Now Is Gone
9. Enzino’s – Uncle Fedele
10. Oscar Offermann – It’s Gonna Be Heaven
11. DTRAIN – Something’s On Your Mind
12. Jason Grove – Mastercut 5
13. Cloud Face – Panter Bleu
14. Danny Clark – Looking Good
15. Phil Gerus – Aint Nobody
16. TIYG – In Your Guts (AD Bourke Remix)
17. TMVS – Dont Be Shy (TMVS Club Mix)
18. Lipelis – It’s Alright (ft. Holkin)
19. Capracara – House of Dolls