If you’re a vinyl nut, there’s a good chance you’ve used Discogs to help fill your crates. Through its unmatched database of physical releases, the website has become an invaluable source for both collectors and those simply seeking information. Now Discogs has finally gone mobile, with an official iOS app now available to download and an Android version available for Beta testing.
Unfortunately it seems that the app doesn’t yet allow users to communicate with sellers or purchase items – you still have to go back to the website for that – but the app does allow you to do much of your fact checking on the move. Check out exactly what the new app allows you to do on your mobile below.
Catalog Your Collection
• View and manage your Discogs Collection, including local access to your Collection and Wantlist when you are offline.
• Add and remove items from your Discogs Collection on the go.
• When you are out digging in your local record store, check to see if you already own a record before you buy it.
View Marketplace Pricing
• Access to the Discogs Marketplace price-range right at your fingertips!
• Easily check Marketplace listings for a particular release. Find a deal? You’re just a tap away from completing the sale via the mobile Discogs Marketplace.
Add To Your Wantlist
• Track your grail by adding releases to your Wantlist.
• Find a release when you are out digging? Move it from your Wantlist to your Collection.
Discover New Music
• Search the database and discover new music from anywhere!
• Use your phone’s camera to search for a release by the barcode.