5 Facts, 5 Tracks: Dateless
LA based DJ & producer Dateless is making a name for himself! His music has been receiving global tastemaker support. He’s been signed to some incredible labels including Jamie Jones’ HOTTRAX, Solid Grooves, Viva Music, Dirtybird and Toolroom.
Dateless is nothing less than a rhythm junkie! This hopeless romantic’s productions most notably feature groovy Latin percussion sections accompanied by irresistibly funky basslines. With an ability to hear extremely precise rhythm, Dateless separates himself from countless artists by intentionally creating imperfect grooves. These subtle imperfections create the illusion that his music is being played by live instrumentalists. This does not go unnoticed by his devout army of fans and peers.
On stage, he has an infectious energy that exudes passion and flair. His overly confident manner enables him to be in complete control of the crowd, just like a conductor guiding the musical performance of his orchestra. Ultimately, his immense passion for music and desire to be placed on the main stages of the biggest festivals results in timeless dance music. Gig highlights so far include EDC Las Vegas 2018, EDC Mexico 2019 and other Insomniac festivals, Holy Ship, Dirtybird Campouts and Dirtybird BBQs. His 2nd tour of Australia in early 2020 brought some of his vibes to their best-known venues.
Now, Dateless joins Hot Creations as they kick off their 2021 release schedule on 22nd January with a stunning two-tracker from him. Entitled ‘Bee’, the EP marks the LA-based artist’s debut on the label, having previously released on offshoot imprint Hottrax.
“With Bee, I aimed to hit you with a banging festival vibe and add that extra “e” as a nod towards the conservation of our gorgeous planet. As for Line In The Dirt, it is a true essence of who I am as well as who I aspire to be.” – Dateless speaking about his inspiration
We caught up with Dateless to get 5 little known facts about him and 5 of his favourite tracks.
1. I’m scared shitless of flying, I feel like I am forced to face my fear of death every single plane ride.
2. I was born and raised in California USA, but didn’t learn English until I began school.
3. My mother is from Chile and my father is from Argentina, I’ve spent a lot of time between those two countries and thankfully find great inspiration from my Latin roots. I have a huge family all hailing from South America, if you haven’t been I highly recommend looking into it!
4. I’m an absolute novice at technology. I always tell people I’m the last guy you’d expect to be a DJ and Music Producer. I spent most of my youth away from computers, however, once I discovered the power they had in regards to music creation I was forced by my curiosity to dive as deep as possible. My first moments of experimentation were when I was 16, I began throwing hip hop instrumentals into GarageBand and writing raps to them.
5. “Dateless” means more than one thing, yes of course it alludes to the romantic concept of music (as well as romance in general) but also my intention to create timeless music. In the beginning stages, the logo mockups were clocks because at the time I was more focused on the illusion of time.
Matrix ‘Get Out’ (Kerri Chandler Remix)
It doesn’t get much more House then this! Such entertaining vocals as well.
Niles Cooper ‘Downtown Copenhagen’
Proper 90’s house cut that will serenade you from ear to soul.
Disclosure, Fatoumata Diawara -‘Douha (Mali Mali)’
An impeccable collaboration, first time I ever heard of this artist, consider my mind blown, vocals are to die for!
Carlos A, Jay Caesar ‘Just Keeping’ (Sean Guillermo Remix)
Every now and then I go deep into promos sent to me in search of hidden gems, this is one of them…
Mason (feat. Jim Cooke) ‘Drowning In Your Love’ (Mark Knight Remix)
This is one funky monkey. Knight did a great job here, such a well produced modern funk vibe!