Eva Crystaltips joins the Spotlight Mix
French-born, Edinburgh based DJ Eva Crystaltips is spreading her love for disco music with a hint of ‘je ne sais quoi’.
A force to be reckoned with rising fast through the ranks on the disco circuit which in her early years had already seen her play alongside heavyweights such as Horse Meat Disco, Hot Chip and Greg Wilson. Eva has gained some well due recognition over the past few years for her skill and selections and was subsequently selected last spring to be part of the Smirnoff Equalising Music Programme, seeing her take to stages at Snowbombing, Lost Village Festival & most notably a huge gig at London’s 5000 capacity Printworks – with project mentors Artwork, The Black Madonna, Peggy Gou, Honey Dijon + more.
Her style, forever keeping audiences on their toes, infuses a mix of old original classics to the newer modern edits and remixes, which both deliver a dose of nostalgia while keeping the floor guessing with her ever-expanding collection of contemporary funk, soul, house and disco.
Today, she joins our Spotlight Mix series, with quite frankly one of the best mixes i’ve heard in a while!
1. BB Man – Twisted Soul Collective
3. Let’s Go Dancing (12″ Version) – Horse Meat Disco feat. Amy Douglas
4. You Got Me Running – Andy Tee, Danny Losito (Original Mix)
5. Dynamite (Dr Packer Remix) – Kiu D
6. Philly’s Groove (Unreleased Brooklyn Vocal Mix) – DJ Romain & Danny Krivit
7. The Spirit – Mighty Mouse
8. Stand Up (Audiowhores Bootleg Re-Edit) – Loleatta Holloway
9. Sugar (Joey Negro Club Mix) – Roy Ayers
10. All We Need Is Dance – Alan Dixon
11. Champs Elysées – Bob Sinclar
12. Bad For Me (12″ Long Version) – Dee Dee Bridgewater