Denon DJ announces World’s First Music Streaming Standalone Hardware
Denon DJ has announced its Prime Series DJ hardware will soon be enabled for both hard-wired and Wi-Fi internet connection.
This exclusive, ground-breaking innovation brings the capability of playing digital music content from the world’s premier DJ streaming services as well as directly from the Prime Series units, with no necessity for a laptop computer.
Denon DJ has partnered with a selection of the industry’s digital music platforms including Soundcloud, Beatport, Beatsource and TIDAL to bring streaming music inside a DJ’s hardware!
• Wi-Fi enabled across the entire Prime Series (Prime 4, SC5000, SC5000M)
• Hard Wire/physical connection to the internet available
• Streaming of digital music services within a standalone unit
• Touchscreen Interface direct to streaming service
• Buffering of track in unit memory in case of network disconnect
• Add hot-cues and loop points to streamed tracks
• Search artists, songs and playlists direct from the touchscreen
• Streaming service partners added via firmware updates starting this summer
• Through the unique locker technology, both Beatport LINK and Beatsource LINK will have offline storage
• Offline storage will be made available as part of two forthcoming subscription tiers: Beatport LINK PRO (allowing DJs to save up to 50 tracks in an offline locker) and Beatport LINK PRO+ (allowing DJs to save up to 100 tracks in an offline locker).