10,000 Capacity Venue to Open in Manchester
Today, plans have been unveiled for a new cultural venue for Manchester.
The new venue, to be called Depot will be a 10,000 capacity performance, community and studio space. It will be at the historic Mayfield site, next to Piccadilly station, could see up to a million visitors next year.
The launch will be Manchester Pride Live on 24th and 25th August. Alongside the proposed main performance space at Depot, there will be two smaller areas Concourse & Archive.
Depot is a collaboration between The Mayfield Partnership (comprising regeneration specialist U+I, Manchester City Council, Transport for Greater Manchester and LCR) and venue specialists Broadwick Venues and Vibration Group, the team behind the hugely successful Printworks London, The Drumsheds and Exhibition London.
Some of the potential events:
- Live music and concerts featuring both international and local pop and dance performers
- Theatre and dance performances, playing host to touring productions and festivals.
- Community events including for children and young people
- A market hall for the best new street food
- Pop-up dining events for new restaurant concepts
- Curated retail fairs such as vintage, record, craft or fashion
- Pre-recorded music events such as dance music and DJ events
- Exhibitions and art installations from touring and local artists
- Corporate hire for business events and conferences
- Pop-up cinema and football screenings