Spotlight Mix: Serge Santiago
It’s fair to say that Serge Santiago had a mighty fine musical schooling.
As a resident of the seminal Brighton club night Stompaphunk he learnt how to work a dance floor as DJ. He took those skills into the studio and taught himself how to make records that always work on a dance floor from the underground to the charts, through House, Disco, Italo and Techno. Twenty years on from those heady days he’s only getting better at it.
He cut his teeth int he studio making edits for the Stompaphunk dance floor under the name Radio Slave with Matt Edwards – chopping up early naughties pop & R’n’B tracks into underground bangers – Kylie, Justin Timberlake & 50 Cent and many others all got put though this pioneering process.
Serge soon branched out on and started concentrating on making his own music, releasing tracks on Stompaphunk Music and his own label Acrobaleno – the first release was with the epic Atto D’Amore. A record that has had a quite extraordinary life, nearly 15 years on including being half two more amazing duos in Waze & Odyssey & Retro/Grade. Serge is still in the boxes of many DJs…
1. Lockdown Outbreak Intro
2. Hardt Antoine – Redux
3. Lee Cabrera – Real House
4. Adapter – Havana
5. Tesla 286 & Freestyle Man – Yssabeau (Anja Schneider Remix)
6. CamelPhat feat. Cari Golden – Freak [SSUK Edit]
7. Ben Cheel – Kitty
8. Bicep – Atlas9. Marco Lys & Mendo – Arpeggione [SSUK Edit)
10. Paco De Rosa – Say To Me
11. Chapter & Verse – One Small Step For Man
12. Serge Santiago – Underground
13. Mason Maynard – Looking At Me
14. Robot Love – Boxwood
15. 9th House – Keeping Me Up
16. Technasia – Obsession (Hombre Lowdown French Kiss Mix)