Ree2 joins the Spotlight Mix
Ree2 is an artist well-known for his advocation of modern House and Tech flavours, sporadically broken up by subtle injections of nostalgic timelessness. His musical tree has deep roots in 90s House, Garage, RnB and Hip-Hop, which is a prominent path of influence for most of today’s most successful UK artists. His varied passion for the foundational elements of the current house and techno and their associated sub-genres have led the way for bookings inside and outside of the UK and have inspired what was once a hobby to transpire into a desire for more.
Citing inspiration from artists such as Low Steppa, Dennis Quin, Greco (NYC) and Solardo to name but a few, Ree2 puts the bulk of emphasis on uplifting house and tech house within his performances. He has come a long way since being introduced to a pair of turntables by a friend, from running student nights in his native Cambridge to study at London Sound Academy. He has always given music a place of sincere gravity from the very beginning, and it continues to lead him to achieve the goals he sets himself as an artist and performer.
After venturing into the London scene and enrolling with LSA, Ree2 found himself on the receiving end of his first international booking in Ibiza (which then transcended to many more). He has been privileged enough to play on some of the island’s most-loved venues, including the likes of Blue Rooms, Es Paradis, Ibiza Rocks Bar, Rio, Itaca and more. Returning to the UK, Ree2 found himself beginning to amass traction within the London club scene, with venues such as Horse & Groom, Zigfrid Von Underbelly being among the mix.
Add to his London and Ibiza exposure a residency Cambridge 105 Radio, along with the formation of his Hiive Collective brand which serves as an outlet for live streams and mixtapes from himself and other up-and-coming artists.
With more UK and International bookings on the horizon, Ree2 now turns his focus to production with the aim of releasing his first works in the coming months. A lot of self-taught skill and personally discovered talent, combined with high-quality tutoring and big bookings can only mean one thing: it won’t be long before Ree2 starts to become a regular instalment with some of his biggest influences.
Today, Ree2 joins our Spotlight Mix series ahead of playing in our BOOST room on NYE at Brixton Academy for more info head to here.
- High (Original MIx) – Hyper Go Go
- Chicago (Latmun Remix) – Roland Clark, Simion
- Save Our Soul (BTs Re-Edit) – Bob Sinclar
- Da Hood (Original Mix) – Lexa Hill
- Hooked On You – JSRP, Jess Bays FT LJ
- I Believe (David Penn Re-Edit) – Happy Clappers
- Phunky Cold (Original MIx) – Block & Crown
- Peep The Technique (Original Mix) – Jarred Gallo
- Move Your Body (Extended Mix) – Marshall Jefferson, Solardo
- My Desire (Sam Divine Remix) – Amira
- Jazz Anthem (Todd Terry Remix) – Todd Terry, Sax
- Lizard (K & K House Mix) – Mauro Picotto
- Beginners (Original Mix) – Angelo Ferreri
- Basement Jam (Original Mix) – No Requests
- Check My Sound (Original Mix) – Christian Bove
- My Milkshake (Leftwing & Kody Remix) – Freejak, Kelis
- Be-Bop (Original Mix) – Want More
- Roots (Original Mix) – Dennis Quin, Low Steppa
- Gossip (Original Mix) Greco (NYC)