Jerk Boy joins the Spotlight Mix
The moniker of Sydney DJ & producer Adam Stivala, Jerk Boy is one of Australia’s most familiar faces on the club circuit. Well versed in the quirks of low slung house music, Jerk Boy is a tastemaker at grassroots and a stand-out amongst his peers. Also flying under the radar as one half of tech duo Jack N Jerk, together united in a mission to create not only dance music but dance-art.
Jerk Boy has graced the Sydney scene with his fresh take on house music. Now the producer has teamed up with fellow Sydney vocalist, The Baroness for their release on Tinted Records ‘Satellite’. The Baroness’ powerful vocals are recognisable from Beth Yen’s ARIA chart-topping hit ‘Ocean feat. The Baroness’ and as the official touring vocalist for prolific Australian duo, Peking Duk.
With a lazy day at the beach in mind, Jerk Boy wrote ‘Satellite’ which seamlessly blends a classic RnB vocal with jazzy synths, to create Jerk Boy’s signature house sound. Lyrically, the track tells the story of the challenges of trying seeing eye to eye with someone when you are just not on the same page.
Today, he joins our Spotlight mix series, listen to it below and download it here.
1. Torso – El Toro (Can 7 Fruitcake Mix)
2. Paul Rudder – Moment In Time
3. Fouk – Just Feel Good
4. Kapote – Brasiliko
5. Sondrio & Black Loops – Stepper
6. Detroit Swindle – Me, Myself, You (Cuthead Remix)
7. Kerri Chandler – Where Is Love
8. Mousse T – Move Ya
9. Nico Castoldi, Castoldi – 1979
10. Felipe Gordon – Azucena Malagon (Jimpster Remix)
11. Axel Boman – Copacabana Dub (Original Mix)
12. Genius Of Time – Peace Bird
13. Simon Shaw – Honey
14. Ode to 75 – Fallin’
15. Jerk Boy (feat. The Baroness) – Satellite (Tom Evans Remix)