DT721 – DJ Fronter
DJ Fronter is a and producer from Santiago de Cali in Colombia.
influenced by tribal and electro percussion, begins in the world of the underground electronic scene, but his career as a producer began around the middle of 2008. Achieving creates from the beginning a unique style and very defined by fusing organic, abstract and digital with techno and house sounds, but without neglecting its Latin essence, incorporating exquisite tribal percussion.
In just five years as a DJ and producer, he has become one of the great promises in the South American tech house scene. His productions are on tops and his music is already hosted in more than 50 international labels such as Stereo Productions, Toolroom, 1605 Music Therapy and Mindshake Records, which gave him great respect and prestige on the global electronic scene. He captured the attention of great artists like Richie Hawtin, Paco Osuna, Chus & Ceballos, Technasia, Matthias Tanzmann, Dj Sneak or Umek supporting his music in the most important clubs around the globe.
He teamed up with Ecuador’s Carloh mark their first collaboration on South Of Saturn with a lively two-tracker ‘No Mercy’ in October. Having previously released joint efforts on Suara and Stereo Productions, as well as appearing individually on labels such as Hot Creations and Solid Grooves, the pair have teamed up again, this time for a first-class collaboration on Lee Foss’ consistently impressive South Of Saturn.
Summarise this podcast in 10 words
Cool, fun, lively, excited. For every taste.
What is your personal favourite track?
Ramon Bedoya – Voce Para Mim (Harvy Valencia Remix). It’s my favorite track, from my close friends from Colombia, this remix goes to my label Orunmila records of all my taste for my sets
What is the special ingredient in this mix?
The ingredient in this set is the energy of the groove that I like to convey
Tell us about your next EP?
My next EP is very specific, it will be for Hottrax in collaboration with Julian Collazos.
What do you have to come?
Darker sounds are coming in the groove that I always like to handle on the track, with many arpeggios.
And finally, do you have a special message for our readers?
Yes, thank you very much for listening to us and soon expect much more new music recharged with a lot of energy.
- Jay de Lys – VVS Only (Original Mix)
- Fhaken – Dopamine (Original Mix)
- Mirco Caruso – Show Me (Original Mix)
- Harvy Valencia – Trox Saw (Original Mix)
- Dan Othran, Garz – I Love The Sound (Javi Colors Remix)
- Ramon Bedoya – Voce Para Mim (Harvy Valencia Remix)
- Ruben Mandolini – Broken Down (Original Mix)
- Roberto Palmero – In To The Next (Elio Riso & Hernan Paredes Remix)
- George Smeddles – Energy (Original Mix)
- Antony PL – Bring The Bass (Craig & Grant Gordon Remix)
- Timid Boy, Barem – Osiris (Barem Remix)
- Harvy Valencia – Ponte De Lao (Original Mix)
- Rone White, Alessandro Diruggiero – Cloud Beat (Paul Cart Remix)