474 – Enrico Sangiuliano
When Enrico Sangiuliano looks back on his life in years to come, we imagine he’ll think of 2015 as the year he made it. That’s not to say the Italian wasn’t around before that – he’s been spinning at his nation’s biggest illegal raves since 2003, and has built up expertise as a producer and sound designer too, landing releases on Drumcode, Truesoul and many more.
However, it was one fateful release last year that really catapulted him to stardom. Dropping in August, Enrico’s remix of DJ Boris‘ ‘Can You Hear Me’ carved his name into the record books, claiming the longest ever running #1 in the Beatport Techno chart at 14 weeks! Enrico also claimed the highest selling Beatport Techno track for 2015 and the longest time in the global top 10 in the best of Beatport chart, all of which earned him the #8 spot on best selling techno artists of 2015!
Quite the list of achievements then, and we’re not the only ones who think so. Enrico has garnered support from across the techno community, with the likes of Sven Väth, Adam Beyer, Alan Fitzpatrick, Pan-Pot and Stephan Bodzin all singing his praises. Momentum like Enrico’s doesn’t come around everyday, so you can bet the Italian will fully capitalise on his success and make 2016 his own too, kicking off with his Data Transmission Podcast.
Sum up this podcast in 10 words…
Techno session recorded at an erotic Nightclub from the ’60s.
What’s your personal favourite track on it?
What a fucking question. All bombs here!
What’s the special ingredient in this mix?
The authenticity and the energy of the moment in which it was recorded, Saturday, Jan 18th at Pervert Peepshow in Milan. Great party!
What’s the best gig you’ve played recently?
That Peepshow one was one of the best for sure. Unique atmosphere. The venue was a Gentlemen’s Club of the ’60s, a basement in the heart of Milan city centre. Back in the days, many celebrities “slipped down” the steps to be swallowed by the erotic and sumptuous atmosphere of this place. The red velvet walls are still keeping those hot secrets…
What have you got coming up?
Well the first track of this recording it’s a remix I did for Vangelis Kostoxenakis, upcoming on Suara on February 8th, I’m super excited. The reactions on the dancefloors are impressive!
And finally, do you have a special message for our readers?
Stay less online and live more “real” life. Follow your natural flow and have fun!
01. Vangelis Kostoxenakis – Son Of A Gun (Enrico Sangiuliano Remix) – SUARA
02. Spartaque – Global Scale – CODEX
03. Enrico Sangiuliano – Restlessness – ALLEANZA
04. Paride Saraceni – After Dark – TRUESOUL
05. 2000 and One – Wrangel Calling – DRUMCODE LIMITED
06. Harry Romero – Dub Poet (Drum Mix) – TRANSMIT
07. Konrad – Splitted – SK
08. Justin Schumacher – Gate (Audio Injection Remix) – ILL BOMB
09. Ben Klock – Subzero – OSTGUT TON
10. Ben Sims presents Ron Bacardi – Rock Your Body – BASS CULTURE
11. Enrico Sangiuliano & Secret Cinema – Trrbulence – DRUMCODE
12. Jensen Interceptor – Antrax – BNR TRAX
13. Enrico Sangiuliano & Frankyeffe – Celebration – BREAK NEW SOIL
14. Alex Dolby – Morphosis (DJ Emerson Remix) – AFFEKT