NUDE088: Klaudia Gawlas
With the release of “Papillon” in 2013, Klaudia Gawlas chiselled her place among the top rungs of the Techno world. For nearly two decades the thoroughbred musician has been following her calling, headlining events around the world, trooping together fans and topping the lists of DJ polls.
Everything began in Cieszyn, Poland. As a 9-year-old she came to Germany and experimented with keyboards and guitar. She quickly noticed that music education was set up to teach the student to play other people’s music. Klaudia rejected that. Her drive was to express her own music, the music she carries inside of her. Luckily, she soon found the computer.
Her powerful and driving sound catapulted her onto the big stages of Festivals in Germany and Europe. Bookings for Mayday, Time Warp, Nature One, Awakenings, Tomorrowland and countries like Brazil, Argentina, Colombia and USA followed.
She partnered with Eric Sneo, running the cult-label MOD together. Her LPs “Zeitgeist” and “Vision” in combination with her immortal single “Papillon” established her reputation as a producer. Followed by a release on Joseph Capriati’s Imprint Redimension, her Track ‘The Siren’ hit like a bombshell. Releases on Nicole Moudaber’s Label MOOD and Dubfire’s SCI+TEC followed.
At the age of 13 on her Commodore 64 she used her first Fruity Loop version to create sounds. Soon after started tiptoeing into clubs and fell in love with the music she heard there, her extraordinary passion for electronic music started.
During a one-year stay in the USA, where she also attended courses in Psychology and Radio Broadcasting, she started DJing in a friend’s record store. Creating and transforming music – also in front of an enthusiastic audience – still fascinate KLAUDIA GAWLAS today.
Sum up this podcast in 10 words…
It is a banging and driving Techno with amazing tracks.
What’s your personal favourite track on it?
It’s my new Release on SCI-TEC East Row. Really love to play this one loud. Finally also played it in the Clubs.
What’s the special ingredient in this mix?
It has many special ingredients in it, but I think the most special one is the Intro. It begins very mystic, dirty and dark. I love it. I tried to build up the mix and got a bit energetic in the end.
Tell us about your next EP?
I have a new EP coming again on Joseph Capriati’s Label Redimension. Really looking forward.
What have you got coming up?
I am working on a new Collab in the Studio. Some bangers are in the making. Almost ready. Can’t wait for them. But can´t tell you more right now. Hopefully soon 😉
And finally, do you have a special message for our readers?
Thank you for listening and supporting. I hope you have a good time. Turn it loud and enjoy. See you hopefully soon on the dance floors.
- Chris Liebing, Ralf Hildenbeutel – Fault in Line (feat. Milles Cooper Seaton) / MUTE
- Das Ton – Roots / ALZT
- Âme, Káryyn – The Witness / Innervisions
- Das Ton – Drehmoment / Room 307
- André Walter, Stigmata – Corporate Vulture / Stigmata Digital
- André Walter, Stigmata – Black Abyss / Stigmata Digital
- N.O.B.A. – 126.96.36.199 / Dolma
- Shaun Moses – Lustful Desires / Gem
- Basstrologe -Seismograph / Oxytech
- Foar Cass – Excited Wave / DSR
- Wex 10 – Geschmeidigkeit / X erie
- Highland Fabricators – Run / BEK Audio
- Ricardo Carmona – Hunting Again (Truncate rmx) / Rave Code
- Maxime Dangles – Whistband (Gary Beck rmx) BEK Audio
- Ramon Tapia – Mind Trip / Variety Music
- Klaudia Gawlas – East Row / SCI + TEC
- Indira Paganotto – Katana / Second State