NUDE014: Vinicius Honorio
Hailing from the buzzing Brazilian metropolis of Rio de Janeiro, London-based Vinicius Honorio has been working hard pursuing his techno aspirations.
With his most recent releases ‘Rat Race EP’ and ‘Sao Paulo EP’ on Planet Rhythm, upcoming releases on Berghain resident’s Fiedel Super Sound Tool, Hayes Collective and Gynoid Audio, Vinicius is pushing a raw darker techno sound into 2020. From Stuttgart’s Lehmann to London’s The Steelyard and Sao Paulo’s D.Edge Club, playing DJ gigs all around the globe, Vini’s music receives ongoing support by DVS1, Len Faki and Laurent Garnier. to name a few.
Vinicius launched his own techno label called ‘Liberta Records’. The name ‘Liberta’ is derived from Brazilian Portuguese slang, meaning the start of something or freedom, which he wants to portray with the music being released on his label. The label has been an outlet for Vini’s own productions and collaborations, releasing original music by upcoming artists such as Stephan Krus, William Arist, Allan Feytor and remixes by the likes of Fiedel and Alex Bau.
Sum up this podcast in 10 words…
Special mix, upcoming production, future releases and favourites of course!
What’s your personal favourite track on it?
It’s got to be ‘Pode Crer’. It is another of my ventures into the breakbeat/electro beats and I am very proud of this track which features LeoDosReis, one of my oldest friends from Rio de Janeiro. It’s coming out on Fiedel’s incredible new vinyl-only label Super Sound Tool.
What’s the special ingredient in this mix?
Passion for the music while having a lot of fun doing it.
What’s the best gig you’ve played recently?
Well, in the current situation there aren’t any gigs but in January I played 3 hours set for Lichtblick’s birthday event in Cologne which was pretty awesome!
What have you got coming up?
I’ve been trying to keep it as busy as I can in the studio, so here is a list:
Apr 14th – Vinicius Honorio – Sao Paulo EP on Planet Rhythm
May/Jun – Vinicius Honorio & Orion – The Hour Glass on Planet RhythmJun 1st – Vinicius Honorio – Wasteland EP on Planet Rhythm
And a few other beats coming out this year:
Vinicius Honorio – Pode Crer feat. LeoDosReis on Super Sound Tool
Vinicius Honorio & Duncan Macdonald – Force Majeure on Hayes Collective A collaboration EP with Orion on Gynoid Audio909 Resistance – Detrone (Vinicius Honorio Rework) on A-Traction
And finally, do you have a special message for our readers?
It’s been a pretty strange 2020 so far. I feel that Morpheus (The Matrix) will be knocking on my door anytime now asking if I wanna take the blue or the red pill. Stay strong and safe everyone, big love!
- Nothing Is Real – Multitude
- Vinicius Honorio – Black Magic – Planet Rhythm
- Vinicius Honorio & Duncan Macdonald – Collision
- Marcal – Zero-Point – Liberta Records
- Mode_1 – Vancant
- Vinicius Honorio – Bubblegum Haze – Planet Rhythm
- 909 Resistance – Detrone (Vinicius Honorio Rework) – A-Traction
- Frangie – We Vibe (Joel Mull In the Cave Mix) – Missing Letters
- William Arist – Mente Podrida – Liberta Records
- Mod21 – Epilogue 4 (Len Faki Hardspace Mix) – LF RMX
- Allan Feytor – Kompatibilität – Liberta Records
- A Thousand Details – Mirage – Hayes
- Troy – Surge – Klockworks
- Vinicius Honorio & Orion – Sao Paulo – Planet Rhythm
- Vinicius Honorio – Pode Crer feat. LeoDosReis – Super Sound Tool
- Vinicius Honorio – Tappin Hours feat. NichEnzo (XXX Edit)