Womxn in DNB: Apply for the EQ50 mentorship scheme
There are 10 days left to apply to this once in a lifetime opportunity! The EQ50 collective are offering 5 womxn in DNB 12 months of 1-1 mentorship with the most prestigious names in the scene.
Who are EQ50?
Not only bass music royalty: Mantra, Flight, Sweetpea, MC Chickaboo and Alley Cat are the brains behind EQ50, a collective working towards fairer representation in Jungle DNB. Their goal is to carve out space to make womxn feel confident and visible in a scene not designed with them in mind.
How does the EQ50 mentor scheme work?
They will receive:
- Regular A&R sessions
- Production masterclasses with label affiliated artists
- Sessions on navigating the industry including publishing, digital, contracts and legal
- Opportunities to progress within the label
- Ongoing mentoring and industry representation
- Dedicated EQ50 mentor
- Practice DJ sessions in world renowned UK clubs
- Space for peer-peer support/music sharing
- Booking agency masterclass with ESP International
- A range of extra masterclasses with established artists, managers and industry professionals
This is an opportunity of a lifetime which, as Flight put, will “inspire a new generation of womxn in drum and bass”.
Who can apply?
Alley Cat told Mixmag “we’re looking for womxn (cis, trans, femmes, non-binary) producers based in the UK that have some experience, but need help making the next step into the music business”.
Where do I sign up!?
If that sounds like you, the application process is straightforward. Send your best links to music, include your biography, answer two questions, and you’re good to go!
Click here to apply – the process closes on Friday 7 August 2020 (23.59 BST).