SoundCloud add Fans Financial Support Button 💸
SoundCloud have been rolling out the upgrades in the past few weeks. They announced their new partnership with Twitch recently. Now they’ve announce a new Fan Financial Support Button.
They’ve created a simple button for your profile where fans can instantly and directly show their support. All you have to do is choose where you want to send followers, give them a little context on what they’re supporting, and then let the world know by sharing on your socials.
Here’s how it works:
- Click the “Edit” button on the top right side of your profile page on web
- In the “Edit your Profile” pop-up, click “Add support link” to add a link to financial exchanges or online stores like Kickstarter, Bandcamp, Patreon, Paypal and more (full list of supported platforms can be accessed here – SoundCloud never takes a cut)
- Hit “Save changes” to generate a Support button on your profile that’s visible above your stats and on your track pages
- Use your bio to let fans know what they’re supporting – whether it’s your rent for the month or the album you dropped this week
- Promote on socials so your day-ones know there’s a way to help you beyond playing your tracks on repeat
They’ve built this feature to help creators impacted by the COVID-19 virus. They will keep it active as long as we’re all in this so you can fund your projects, offset bills, or get whatever you need to stay on your feet.