IMS Ibiza Summit 2022 announces Speakers & Programme
IMS IBIZA (International Music Summit), the leading platform for industry, culture and education in electronic music, returns for its thirteenth edition in Ibiza this April following a two-year hiatus.
One of the first major global industry gatherings to take place since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, IMS Ibiza Summit 2022 will reunite the entire ecosystem of the genre for three days of purposeful conversation, connection, and celebration.
The summit takes place from April 27-29 at Destino Pacha Ibiza Resort.
The summit today announces the first details of the summit agenda, a carefully crafted programme co-hosted by Pete Tong & Jaguar (both from BBC Radio 1), which aims to highlight best practices in core values to an industry emerging and re-building following the devastating impact of the global pandemic.
Adopting a no-panel policy for the first time in the history of the summit, IMS Ibiza Summit 2022 has curated a series of keynotes, presentations, conversations, workshops and sessions with industry thought-leaders, exploring the most important topics and themes facing our industry today.
Key highlights announced today include:
- ‘In Conversation’ Lyor Cohen (YouTube & Google; Global Head of Music) & Pete Tong.
- Artist Interviews (A-Z): BLOND:ISH, Brian Eno, Deadmau5, Duran Duran & Erol Alkan, DVS1, Jaguar, Jamie Jones, Kerri Chandler, Laurent Garnier, Nastia, Nora En Pure, Patrick Topping, Portrait XO, Prospa, Richie Hawtin, Sarah Story, Tsha.
- Opening Keynote: Road to Recovery by Robb McDaniels (Beatport; CEO; UK / USA).
- Keynote Address: Ten Years of AFEM: Association for Electronic Music by Silvia Montello (AFEM; Association for Electronic Music; UK).
- shesaid.so Presents: In Conversation with Trevor McFedries, Friends With Benefits (Dapper Collectives/Friends With Benefits, CEO/Founder, USA) hosted by Andreea Magdalina (shesaid.so; Founder; Romania).
- Keynote Interview: Skiddle Presents – Surviving 20 Years in the Event Industry with Wilf Gregory (Event Horizon, Group CEO, UK), responsible for AfroNation, Rolling Loud, Secret Project, Hideout, Lost and Found, Origin and BPM Europe.
Pixelynx presents Metaverse & Web3 as a special day of programming dedicated to the conversation of NOW, also supported by EQ Exchange & CELO. It will provide delegates with a comprehensive understanding of how to navigate and harness the opportunities of this fast-emerging new landscape, from NFTs to DAOs to monetisation. Pixelynx will also host a Web3 Clinic at IMS to help onboard the electronic industry to the opportunity and will gift every attending delegate a free NFT.
- Audius, BLOND:ISH, CELO, Coachella, Deadmau5, EQ Exchange, Emanate, Friends With Benefits, Future Art, Moda Dao, Outlier Ventures, Pixelynx, Portrait XO, Reed Smith, Richie Hawtin, Serenade, Seven20 and The Sandbox are all represented as part of this day.
Two of the world’s leading platforms will lift the lid on best practice and optimisation strategies for electronic music:
- Tik Tok – Ole Obermann (Tik Tok; Global Head of Music; USA).
- YouTube – Best Practice & Optimisation sessions led by senior representatives.
Lady of the House, a community movement that celebrates women in electronic music, will collaborate with IMS to bring forward an innovative approach exploring the power of networking and peer to peer support. A number of trailblazing pioneers will be paired with rising stars to engage in speed networking in front of the summit audience:
- Maria May (CAA; Head of Electronic; UK) with Hannah Shogbola (United Talent; Agent; UK).
- Pete Tong (BBC Radio 1; Broadcaster; UK) with Sarah Story (BBC Radio 1; Broadcaster, UK)
- Tsha (Artist; UK) with Becky Hill (Artist; UK).
Purchase Delegate Badges Here