Ayahuasca: Grieving parents issue warning to backpackers after son’s death on jungle drug retreat

News

The family of a young traveller who died suddenly in the Amazon jungle in 2015 have issued a warning to other tourists about the dangers of a traditional hallucinogen known as ayahuasca.

Matthew Dawson-Clarke went to Peru to sample ayahuasca — an increasingly popular item on the bucket lists of many young adventure travellers. Our dear friend Matt, from Auckland, died after drinking a powerful brew of tobacco tea in preparation for an ayahuasca ceremony and he sadly never returned home.

ABC Foreign Correspondent’s series have investigated it all in this video below & If you are thinking about doing this, we suggest you watch this video and be aware of everything that can potentially happen.

Comments ()