Renegade Riddims: Larnie Moles
Larnie Moles is a jun-gyal on a mission to get arms in the air through her sets that provide a lyrical voyage, conceptually mixed with deep subsonic basslines. Everything from her attitude to infectious energy resonates in the sounds of drums…and…bass.
Introduced to dance music through the squeaky sounds of Makina at aged 13 she blossomed into a fully-fledged raver to the harder styles of dance. At 18 she was exposed to gnarly basslines pumping out of sound systems, in fields and warehouses up and down the UK. Maturing in this multi-genre scene she got hooked on the energy of ravers and sense of community in the scene. It was apparent the sounds that mainly captured her heart were from the South West Soundsystems that were covered in camo – those pumping out DJ Hype, Aires, Benny Page and Serial Killaz.
This raver was obsessed with working out other DJ’s mixing techniques – which drove her to take up the craft. Inspired by relentlessly energetic sets from DJ’s like Mark EG, Andy C and A.M.C – alongside yearning to involve the creative abilities of DJ Marky & The Cut Up Boys, live in the mix. Her uncompromising obsession over mixing, blending, chopping, double dropping, is clear, now spreading over 3 decks when in the mix, her mixing style keeps you on your toes and is fun on the dancefloor.
Larnie spent 4 years as the host for Underground Beats, an underground dance music show with guests like Altern8, Mampi Swift and Kutski. Winning Silver for PRS’s best specialist music programming at the SRA awards – with mixes regularly charting in the Top 25 Global Mixcloud charts in Drum & Bass, Jungle & Rave.
Based in West London, but originally from the South coast, Larnie Moles produces Cardinal Sound‘s DnB show on Reprezent radio. When she’s not doing her day job she can be found in studios across London refining her craft as a DJ, promoting or planning events. In the past 6 months since her first booking, she’s played in Bristol, London, and Milton Keynes. Most recently warming up the rave for Meraki, T.N.A & Jayline for Epidemik. 2020 sees no sign of her slowing down with guest mixes on Reprezent, Foundation FM and now, here on Data Transmission.
Check out Larnie Moles’ mix below and download it here
- Chase & Status ft Ed Thomas (Calibre remix)
- Raised in the Jungle (Bou remix) – DJ Hybrid
- Moon in your eyes (Original Mix) – Serum, Paul T & Edward Oberon
- 94 Year – Lavery
- Acid to the Sound (Original Mix) – Aphrodite
- Vibration (Original mix) – Document One
- 40HZ (Original mix) – Enei & Kasra
- Minimal Funk (TC Remix) – Jam Thieves
- Sell Out – Euphonique
- Victorious – Aggressor Bunx ft Coppa
- Why (Serum Remix) – D Livin
- Bass Power (Original mix) – Aries
- Illuminate (Extended mix) – Sub Focus x Wilkinson
- Take Me Away (Come Hard remix) – Exile & Mark XTC
- House of Cards (Calyx & TeeBee remix) – Legion, Logan, Adam Wright
- She Just Wanna Dance (Larnie Dub) – Inja
- Ruff n Tuff (DJ Hybrid remix) – Replicant
- Shella ft Chimpo (Original mix) – Chimpo, King of the Rollers
- Here I Come (Tribute Mix ft. Rubi Dan) – Ed Solo
- Lenny Carlston – Tenchu
- Herbsmoker (Benny Page remix) – Aires, Benny Page
- Pon the Body (Original mix) – Benny Page
- Dubplate Style (Bou Remix) – Chesire Cat, Aires, Stivus, Bou
- Back to reality – RMS
- Ape Drums – Aires Jungle Refix
- Junkie – Gray
- If We Ever (Unglued remix) – High Contrast
- Execute – Euphonique
- Murder Music ft Kabaka Pyramid & Ms. Dynamite (Shy FX remix) – Chase & Status
- Bad Girls – Ego Trippin