UK Festival Guide 2018
* The kind of tent you need depends on the kind of person you are. If you care more about dancing til the early hours stumbling back to your tent for a couple of hours before clambering back out again the moment the sun rises then a cheap tent from your local supermarket will probably make do. Do bear in mind that these tents are not designed to withstand, well any kind of weather.
* If you care a little more about a dry nights sleep then it is well worth investing in a decent tent and sleeping bag to keep yourself cosy, you might be out in a field but remind yourself it is still the UK chances are it’s going to piss it down at some point over the weekend
* Don’t pack your entire wardrobe, chances are you aren’t going to need that dress in every colour nor are you going to need four pairs of heels. Enough socks and knickers, check. Fancy dress, check. Glitter, check. Done.
* Saying that make sure you bring your essentials. Babywipes are a godsend, you will be lucky if you get to use a shower once all weekend and even if you do there’s a high chance you’ll come out dirtier than when you went in, also get some anti bacterial gel for your hands…those loos can get nasty!! While we’re on the subject of loos…a couple of handy packs tissues wouldn’t be a bad shout either!
* The beauty of festivals is ending up with a group of people you’ve never met experiencing something together. You might end up making friends for life, equally they could be friends for the night. Either way you’re not going to make the most of your weekend if you are constantly texting your friends ‘BY THE BIG POST NEAR THE GREEN FLAG’
* Often the best parts are hidden away from the crowds, little areas of serenity in an otherwise weekend of chaos
* Trust me when I say you won’t be missing out when you sleep. Staying up all weekend is exhausting, dangerous and… honestly a little boring. Try and get in a few hours every night at least, you need to be fresh if you’re going to make it through!
* If it’s muddy – wear them.
* If it’s not – don’t.
* We know you spent ages getting that ‘festival look’ together but we also know on a boiling hot weekend the only thing your pink spotty wellies are doing is giving you sweaty feet.
Photo Credit: PA
Glitter & Furs
* Too much is never enough. And if your mate just ‘doesn’t do glitter’ they’re lying, they just need a little coaxing 😉
Photo Credit: Dulcie’s Feathers
* You’re going to get dirty so you may as well do it properly. Cake fights, paint fights, mud fights. You name it.
Photo Credit: Matt Cardy/Getty Images
Try Something New
* So you’ve never listened to electro-goth, give it a go you might love it. You probably won’t, but you’ll never know unless you try!
* Get involved as much as you can. You’ll regret the things you didn’t do!
Photo Credit: Tom Martin